Co-Founder and Co-CEO,
Try The World
Thank you for your interest in Golden Seeds. Please read our investment criteria before applying.
Golden Seeds accepts applications from women-led companies. These companies must have at least one woman in an operating role at the C-suite level. Frequently, companies have a female founder or CEO. We also consider companies with women in other C-level positions. Golden Seeds cares about two things: Does the female executive have power and influence in the company and does she own a "fair" amount of company equity, given her role and the stage of the company?
Golden Seeds typically invests in companies within the B2B & B2C technology, health care, and consumer products industries. The following categories do not meet our investment criteria: ventures with a large real estate component, television or radio programs, film, theater or art productions, and companies domiciled outside of the US. Additionally, we do not fund companies using the 506C exemption or where our investments are subject to a broker/dealer fee.
Golden Seeds looks for the following:
- A capable management team with at least one woman in a C-level position
- A scalable business model
- An addressable market of at least $500 million
- Limited capital expenditure requirements
- Opportunities that can be accelerated with support from our investors
Almost all of the companies in which we invest also meet these criteria:
- Product is in beta (versus alpha) stage of development and has been created with input from clients or potential clients
- Company has some "proof of concept" revenue, except for life science companies
- A plausible exit strategy within 5-7 years
- Typical valuation at first funding below $5 million
- Typically seeking first-round of funding of $250,000-$2,000,000
For Consumer Product companies, additional criteria include:
- Annual run rate revenue over $1,000,000
- Gross margins over 40%
For Health Care companies, additional criteria include:
- Protectable intellectual property
- Articulated pathways for regulatory and payer approvals
- For device companies, positive in vitro, and ideally in vivo, data
- For diagnostic companies, strong retrospective, and ideally prospective, data
- For therapeutics companies, data showing efficacy in approved animal models
If you have any questions regarding our criteria, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
If you feel you don't currently qualify for Golden Seeds funding but would like to engage with us and learn more, please visit our Office Hours page.
We wish you the best with your business development.